Text by Geebee Casiano
Scanned photo by Rundstedt Rovillos
It’s Pinoy Photography Organization’s 6th Year Anniversary and this year, we celebrated the event at the 3F City Center Activity Area, SM City North EDSA. The weather wasn’t cooperating well but still almost 400 attendees were present.
Some highlights for this year’s celebration:
1. “Moving Stills Exhibit” – First ever PiPho photo exhibit wherein the photos were played on 51? Smart TV Plasma Displays c/o Samsung.
2. PiPho Org and Forum Exhibit – Large A3 Prints (c/o Canon Pixma) showcasing PiPho Org’s finest photos. And 5 Large Format Prints (c/o Canon Imageprograf) showcasing a photo collage from the PiPho website/forum.
Sir John Chua discussed about commercial shoots and his truly inspiring PWD advocacy.
Maricris Carlos discussed about how she started doing photography and how she discovered her own style or motiff “The Amorsoloesque.”
Jay Jallorina (Canon Ambassador) discussed the basics and some details on Landscape Photography.
Wig Tysmans (from the Nescafe commercial) shared his thoughts on how he started photography using film and his current work as a commercial photographer.
Per Andre Hoffman’s talk became one of the pro-talk highlights. He showed his amazing works from film photography to digital. His works of art delighted the whole crowd and everyone was in awe.
4. Tons of raffle prizes and giveaways were given away c/o our dearest sponsors (Canon, EOS, Pixma, Imageprograf, Benro, Black Rapid, Tenba, Henry’s, iclick, Western Digital, Digicolor, Spyder, DPC Yellow Pages, Gearheads Outlet, ang iMag).
5. Photography Clubs/Groups within the PiPho community were also invited to showcase an AVP and invite new members to their club. Pasig Shutterbugs, Grupo Potograpika, and HGT were present during the event.
6. Sponsors booth (Canon EOS with free camera cleaning, Pixma free printing, Imageprograf print for smiles, Benro and Black Rapid booth display)
I hope everyone had a great time with the event.
I got to meet again all my friends from the community and meet new ones as well. It was really an annual EB for the community and the org.
We’d like to thank all the participants, the sponsors, and of course SM City North EDSA for providing us the venue for this year’s event.